The Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department has been Re-accreditated by National Board of Accrediation, AICTE, New Delhi.
ABOUT THE DISCIPLINE
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was started in the year 2002 and presently it offers under graduate program in Electrical and Electronics Engineering and post graduate program in Power Electronics and Drives and Embedded system technologies. The Department has qualified faculty members with excellent academic records. The Department is equipped with excellent laboratory facilities since its inspection.
Electrical Engineering department has a separate department library to cater to the specific needs of the Electrical Engineering students. The computer and internet facilities are made available to the students round the clock. The department has initiated conducting National Conference, Technical Symposium, Inter/Intra department Activities, Funding agencies Sponsored Workshops and Seminars.
To produce professionally competent Electrical and Electronics Engineers to meet out the national and global needs in inter/multi disciplinary domains.
- To equip the students with knowledge and skills to cater to the industrial needs.
- To engineer them to develop innovative, competent and ethical qualities to contribute technical advancements.
- To enable them to become responsible citizens of the country with a willingness to serve the society.
State the Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO 1. To provide fundamental knowledge to the students in Basic Sciences for the efficient practice of Engineering.
PEO 2. To equip the students with the necessary subject knowledge in the design and analysis of Electrical and Electronic Systems.
PEO 3. To prepare students for the modern work environment that emphasizes the need for lifelong learning so as to bring out innovative applications.
PEO 4. To enrich the students with the necessary skills for prospective careers in the industry, government, pursuit of higher education and entrepreneurship.
PEO 5. To enable students to communicate effectively, both individually and within teams, demonstrating ethical, respectful, and professional behavior so as to take up leadership positions in the society.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs):
1. Demonstrate knowledge and competence in the application of basic sciences, mathematics and fundamentals of electrical and electronics systems
2. Ability to explore complex engineering problems
3. Demonstrate the ability to communicate correctly, effectively work in a team and develop good personality
4. Apply appropriate techniques and modern engineering tools in core areas to engage in lifelong learning.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs):
The graduates of Electrical and Electronics Engineering will
1. Apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering to domain specific applications.
2. Identify, analyze and formulate Electrical and Electronics Engineering problems based on the knowledge of basic sciences and engineering.
3. Design and develop Electrical and Electronic Engineering based solutions to meet the desired requirements.
4. Investigate complex problems in the areas of power, control and energy to provide suitable solutions.
5. Use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for real world applications within realistic constraints.
6. Apply engineering solutions in societal and global contexts.
7. Understand the impact of the solutions on the environment to ensure sustainability.
8. Understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
9. Function as an individual and as a part of multidisciplinary team to accomplish a common goal.
10. Communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
11. Ability to use engineering and management principles, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Recognition of the need for and ability to engage in lifelong learning.