DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
The Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in the year 2005. At present, the department offers Graduate Programme - B.E., in Mechanical Engineering, Post Graduate Programme - M.E, in Engineering Design and Doctorate Programme - Ph.D., in Mechanical Engineering. The department has been accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) in the year 2013. It is reputed for producing Engineers as Professionals, Researchers and Entrepreneurs. Many of its alumni play key roles in Industries and Institutions in India as well as in abroad. The department is proud to be collaborated with well-known Industries and Institutions in the emerging fields of Mechanical Engineering.
With a right combination of theory, practical, projects (hands-on) and industrial training in the areas such as Design, Thermal, Manufacturing and Energy Engineering, this programme has well placed itself as a well-known preference for the students.
- To be a premier centre for learning in Mechanical Engineering in the country.
- To offer state-of-the-art undergraduate, postgraduate and research programmes in engineering.
- To develop skilled and employable graduates to meet the challenges in emerging fields of Engineering.
- To prepare the students for prosperous career in Engineering / Entrepreneurship by inculcating the leadership qualities with professional and ethical responsibilities for the benefit of the society.
- To encourage Research & Development in the thrust areas of Engineering.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
PEO 1 Graduates will be successful practitioners in solving industry's technological problems.
PEO 2 Graduates will be entrepreneurs and contribute to the economic growth of the country.
PEO 3 Graduates will pursue higher studies in engineering or management successfully.
PEO 4 Graduates will prefer career paths in teaching or research.
PEO 5 Graduates will function in their career with professional and ethical responsibilities.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
1. an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering
2. an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
3. an ability to design a system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints
such as economic, environmental, social, ethical, safety, manufacturability and sustainability
4. an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams to solve complex problems
5. an ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
6. an ability to infer societal, health, safety, legal & cultural issues and consequent responsibilities
relevant to the professional engineering practice
7. an ability to explain, compare and summarize the impact of engineering solutions for sustainable
development with societal and environmental perspective
8. an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
9. an ability to function effectively as an individual / team in different environments
10. an ability to communicate effectively
11. an ability to apply knowledge of engineering and management principles to the projects
12. an ability to recognize the need for life-long learning
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
- Ability to update knowledge of faculty members in their area of specialization.
- Ability to apply strategies for continual improvement of Mechanical Engineering programme.
- Ability to infuse research activities in Mechanical Engineering.
- Ability to become aware of environmental and social aspects through extracurricular activities.